Sunday, June 30, 2013

Time flies

Guess who's laptop finally got fixed? Oh yeah, that's right... MINE! I have every intention of updating daily/weekly. WOOHOO!


Our sweet, sweet boy is now four months old and living life like a king. He has been enjoying the beach, parties almost every weekend, Grandma & Grandpa's pool, day trips with Mommy & Daddy, Gymboree class, therapy sessions weekly and much more! Michael barely has time to "relax". He is always on the go!

In his down time, we love working on reaching milestones. Michael is able to hold his head all on his own and is beginning to tolerate more time on his tummy. He has been rolling over the past few weeks from his back to his side, and a few times all the way over onto his belly. We don't think that he is aware of just what he is doing yet, but I am sure within no time he will be rolling over onto his belly purposefully.

He responds very well to faces and enjoys having a "babble" conversation with "ooo's" & "gahhhs" with just about anyone he meets. He is an exceptionally happy baby who just loves being loved. Michael sleeps through the night (YAY!) and has been doing so since about two months of age. He has not mastered having bigger bottles at one time, so he is still eating about every two hours- but that's just fine. It is what works for Michael.

On Saturday June 29 he tried Rice cereal for his first time. It was very unsuccessful. Let's just say that I guess he thought it would make a very nice decoration for his onesie & bib. Day #2 of rice cereal was a little more successful, but it was very short lived.

Grad school is starting up again next week for me. It reminds me of how quickly these last four months have gone. I wish I could go back and replay all these memories that our family holds and relive them once more. It reminds me of how soon I will be going back full-time to school and I won't be able to spend all this precious time with Michael everyday. As much as I know this will help Michael and ultimately will make me very happy to teach and have my own career- it makes me sad in knowing I won't get to spend 24/7 with my sweet angel. It is important for me to count my blessings each and everyday and to always remember to treasure all these special moments we share. A baby has a special way of adding joy into each and every day and that is just what Michael does.

No comments:

Post a Comment