Monday, April 29, 2013

You learn something new everyday.

Our boy is beginning to challenge us. For the past 8 weeks I thought I had him topped and figured out, but tonight I was played by a two month old.

After his 7:30 feeding at my parents house, he fell fast asleep in his carseat all the way home. I took him out quietly, walked upstairs to his bedroom and changed his diaper with only the night light on. I got all the way to zipping up his pajamas and then BAM, those beautiful blues opened up and smiled at me.

Well, at that point I proceeded to pick him up and kiss his chubby cheeks and told him how much I loved him. I figured it was the perfect moment to read a book and get my munchkin back to sleep. Throughout our book reading all Michael wanted to do was coo all over his very tired Mommy and babble babble babble. As much as I treasure these moments, I knew it was going to be a long evening. So I said why not give him a bottle, this will surely put him to sleep. Nope! He drank the bottle right down, burped and continued to look me in the face with those beautiful darling eyes. Of course I just couldn't help but hold him, rock him, and fill his face up with millions of kisses. He has learned to push past his bedtime and now is overtired at this point- doing anything and everything to stay awake. He does not want to miss a trick. By 10:45, our little fella finally turned in and decided he could not put up the fight any longer.

Now I know that he needs to be home each night at 7:00 pm to have his last nightly feeding and go right to bed afterwards. Or at least if we are out I need to make sure I carry a set of pajamas for him so I can put him right to bed when we get home. My not so little baby is not sleeping through his nightly changes anymore--- as much as this makes me happy to have him sleeping from 8pm-6:30am, I sure am going to miss holding him all night long (but I am sure there will still be plenty of nights where he will need Mommy to rock him or take care of him... I hope!).

Michael is still on top and thriving in every aspect of his life. He has learned to smile in response to me. It is such an amazing feeling when he looks at me and gives me the biggest smiles and coo's. Now we are just working on Daddy.

Last week at his 2 month check up he was 10 lbs 9.5oz and he was 21 1/2 inches long. The doctor is very happy with how well Michael is doing. He also did so wonderful with his first set of shots. The last one did hurt a bit, I could tell by the big cry he let out and the sad face he made; but he only whimpered for a few seconds, took his pacifier and went to sleep shortly after.

This week we are working on him with tracking his toys, strengthening the muscle tone in his mouth and are awaiting our first infant massage which will help his digestive system, his muscles and dismiss any constipation he may be having. Infant massage was highly recommended by early intervention as it is very good for strengthening his overall muscles. I will be meeting with his new service coordinator who will ultimately be working with Mike and I every step of the way in EI. She will be coming to the house this week and will set up days for therapy to start coming in and work with our boy. Mike and I are very excited to get started and help Michael progress in every aspect.

This weekend we will be going back down the shore to see my parents and then Sunday we are celebrating a very special birthday! Yay, Patrick!!! We can't wait to see you and celebrate the big "1"!!!

And I thank you all for keeping up with my posts. I am sorry that it takes me a while, but my computer will be fixed next week and I will then have no excuse to not come in daily and update! I can't wait :)

(Don't forget to subscribe to my blog to get updates right to your email).


Yay, my munchkin is finally asleep!

1 comment:

  1. Just sooo prescious. Love your posts Meg. You are such abeautiful mama!
    Katey

    ReplyDelete